What Are The Benefits Of Pruning My Trees In The Winter?
With Chris Dropko, of Pine To Palm Tree Service
What are the benefits of pruning my trees in the winter?
1. One big benefit is your trees are dormant, so it’s less traumatic for them
2. There is no sap flow in winter (so think of it as no ‘blood’ loss)
3. When they ‘wake up’ in spring, they recognize the pruning wounds and apply their energy to begin sealing their wounds. Opposed to having spent their resources on growth and not having enough left for sealing
4. There are no pests and very little disease to attack the fresh wound
5. The natural view of the trees form is more apparent for the Arborist
6. Branches that may fall as the tree is pruned won't do any damage to plants/gardens underneath.