Credit Scores - What You Need to Know
Your credit score is an important factor used to determine whether you will qualify for a mortgage.
How to Improve Your Credit Score
• Pay bills on time even if it’s only the minimum payment.
• Never go over the limit on your credit cards and keep your balances well below the limits.
• Don’t open multiple new credit card accounts.
• Alert banks and credit card companies when you move so that they have your correct address.
• Check your accounts online to make sure payments are clearing and cards are being kept current.
• Pay off delinquent bills or collections.
• Look for inaccuracies on your credit report.
To find out more about credit scores and how they affect your ability to qualify for a mortgage feel free to contact me.